When you become a volunteer at the Star College, you have a chance to link into the College community, learn new skills, make new friends – and it could even lead to paid employment.
Just take a look at the opportunities that could be open to you:
- Volunteer in the College alongside people with physical and learning disabilities. Even if you can offer just a little time on a regular basis, you’ll make a vital contribution to our students’ lives.
- Help out at College events – from our annual summer fete, to sporting festivals.
- Use your professional skills – to perhaps support our marketing team, teach at a student workshop, or mentor staff.
- Volunteer your business – either by working with us to set up a work placement, or by linking with a course area to provide valuable vocational advice.
- Get involved with fundraising. You’ll meet new people, have fun, and generate much-needed funds for the College.
There’s no limit on the amount of time you can work with us – even if you’re receiving benefits – but you will need a CRB check which we will handle on your behalf.
You’ll be well equipped – because you’ll get a full induction when you start working with us. And you may also get specific training for the task you’re taking on.
So whether you want to drive or befriend, cook or campaign, mentor or even skydive on our behalf, please contact us.