Getting the right learning programme is vital if you are to fulfil your true potential at National Star College – and in the future. So we’ll take time to understand exactly what is right for you.
Our programmes offer learning in the right place at the right time – in therapy sessions, out in the community, where you live, and through leisure clubs and activities.
We will work with you to find out:
- what you want to get out of College, and what you want to do next
- your functional skills – literacy, numeracy, communication and ICT
- your interests, experiences, or qualifications
- your therapy or support requirements
Following your assessment you may be offered a place on one of three main pathways:
- Future Choices
- Foundation Learning
- Work Related and Vocational Learning
- Skills for Work
- Steps into work
Each pathway contains different elements that are matched to your requirements by your learning mentor. Programmes are so individual and flexible, it’s unlikely that any two students will have the same timetable.